Amethyst Meanings & Benefits:
Amethyst healing properties have been valued for thousands of years. Neolithic people and ancient Egyptians prized it for its beauty and legendary energies.
The meaning of Amethyst can be summarized in these top benefits:
When you wear Amethyst jewelry or keep the crystal close by, you will suddenly feel an urge to engage in positive retrospection. Amethyst benefits you by helping to access your true feelings and increase intuition.
During meditation, Amethyst is meant not only to calm and relax you, it can also be used to reduce headaches and migraines.
Wearing Amethyst jewelry or meditating with this crystal regularly will instigate ideas and creativity to flow more fluidly in your mind. You may find that creative solutions to your most unsolvable problems flows into your thoughts when working with Amethyst.
In the psychic and spiritual realms, Amethyst is an excellent all-purpose stone that can increase spirituality and enhance intuition and psychic powers of all kinds. It does this by making a clear connection between the earth plane and other planes and worlds. Amethyst is also excellent for meditation and lucid dreaming. It is used to open one's channels to telepathy, past life regression, clairaudience, clairvoyance, and communication with angels. Amethyst also protects against psychic attacks, especially during spiritual work.
- Chakras: Third Eye Chakra, Crown Chakra
- Zodiac: Virgo, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces
- Birthstone: February
Amethyst and Chakra Connection:
Amethyst stimulates the Third Eye and Crown Chakras.
The purple crystal treats the imbalances of the Third Eye Chakra, so your thoughts and internal communications are healthy and vibrant. We cannot reach higher consciousness without alignment of the Third Eye Chakra. When this chakra is blocked it also can impact the flow of energy to the lower chakras. When this chakra is balanced, you may experience that new ideas, creativity and visions seem to just come to you without strenuous effort.
Amethyst healing properties also consist of balancing the Crown Chakra, which controls how you think and respond to the world around you. When the Crown Chakra is balanced, we are better able to manage stress and unperturbed by roadblocks, hiccups, or challenges as we understand that these moments are essential for our personal development in life. Mind, body, and spirit are more connected. We become less reactive to life. We have more control over the events manifesting in our realities as we become master of our own thoughts and emotions.
Amethyst and Zodiac Connection:
Virgo - Virgos have intelligent, analytical minds. However, one thing that stands out about Virgo people is that they have a yearning for peace. Even in their everyday life, Virgos tend to make decisions which allow them a peaceful getaway from their stressful routines.
The soothing Amethyst crystal draws a meditative state of mind for Virgos. In this way, it sows the seeds of happiness and tranquility for folks born under the Virgo Zodiac.
Sagittarius - High-spirited, adventurous beings like Sagittarius people deserve a protective stone such as Amethyst! When people with the Zodiac sign of Sagittarius do something, they do it with full force, nothing held back. This trait has the potential to both aid and harm Sagittarians. That is why their energies require grounding from time to time. Amethyst will offer protection to Sagittarians helping them avoid careless ventures.
Capricorn - Capricorns are career-oriented and ambitious. They have raw power inside of them, which makes them extremely capable, resourceful, and irresistible. Firstly, Amethyst complements the influential personalities of Capricorns and vitalizes their minds.
But on the other hand, Capricorn’s likelihood of facing frustration and bitterness is quite high. Moreover, they hold grudges and resist forgiveness as a whole. Here, Amethyst soothes their nerves and helps them heal their emotional tensions.
Aquarius - These dark and mysterious intellectuals have a strangely magnetic aura people simply cannot resist. Regardless of their multiple charms, Aquarians’ intellect and creativity surpass everything else. Interestingly, this is also the very feature which is highlighted by Amethyst as well.
The Amethyst crystal is one of those rare stones whose chief property is enhancing the mind’s intellect. Therefore, Aquarians substantially benefit from being a keeper of an Amethyst stone. Furthermore, their creativity and innovation are magnified. Due to this, inspiration comes naturally to Aquarians.
Pisces - Pisces are known for their empathetic and nurturing disposition. They are called natural healers. The reason behind this is that Pisceans are sensitive and emotionally mature; thus, they understand others on a deeper level. Moreover, Nature has blessed them with a calming and loving aura. That is why people are drawn towards Pisceans.
The Amethyst crystal is a natural healer itself! Now when two loving entities come together, magic is created. And that is precisely what happens when Amethyst energies merge with the Zodiac sign of Pisces. Thus, a halo of love, peace, and serenity forms around Pisceans. Furthermore, Amethyst can protect Pisceans from their mood swings as well.
Amethyst Healing Properties in Detail:
- Abundance, Luck, & Money – Amethyst is used to increase intuition, insight, ideas, and intelligence. These are all traits that aid business owners in taking shrewd decisions that can take their businesses and finances to the next level.
- Divinity & Enlightenment / Communication & Clarity - To the Hebrews, Amethysts provided a connection to the Divine. Amethyst is known to stimulate the Third Eye and Crown Chakras establishing a connection to the universe beyond our bodies and allow for communication with our higher self. The communication channel to our higher self will provide the answers we are searching for and give us clarity in life.
- Peace & Harmony – Meditating with Amethyst is commonly used to calm the mind and relax the body. When we are able to quiet the noise in our minds and release self-limiting thoughts we are able to achieve peace and harmony.
- Love, Romance, Compassion - Amethyst is believed to be the Stone of Faithful Love—the love that transcends carnal union and embraces soulful communion of two souls—as St. Valentine was said to wear an Amethyst ring. Amethyst is a perfect stone for engagement rings to symbolize and encourage fidelity. Some people also wear Amethysts as lockets to call back their lost love.
- Focus, Willpower, Motivation – All of these traits are related to mental toughness. By incorporating Amethyst in your daily life, you can harness its power to help you make small daily changes in your habit that overtime will result in more focus, willpower, and motivation.
- Protection & Spiritual Grounding - According to the Book of the Dead in Ancient Egypt, heart-shape Amethyst amulets were buried with the dead. Travelers in ancient times even used them to ward off treachery and surprise attacks. Aside from its powerful healing abilities, this crystal is known to create spiritual barriers against negative energy, electromagnetic stress, harmful environments, and psychic attacks.
- Worry, Stress – These lower vibrational states are caused by imbalanced in our thoughts and emotions. Consistent daily meditation with Amethyst to clear your mind and re-write the negative scripting that has been passed down to you will relieve your anxiety, stress, and worry.
- Change & New Beginnings – Change first starts in the mind (in the form of your thoughts) and is followed through by your actions. Use Amethyst for introspection and self-discovery. We often fall into the trap of comfort and resist change when change is what life is about. Life is about self-improvement. The more we embrace change and new beginnings, the faster we will grow mentally and spiritually.
- Creativity & Inspiration – As a crystal that stimulates the mind, Amethyst is very commonly used by business owners and people in creative industries (artists, composers, inventors, poets, etc.) to stimulate ideas and inspiration that can also lead to financial success.
- Fear, Insecurity – These destructive emotions often stem from negative scripting that were ingrained in us during childhood. Daily practice of praying, journaling, or meditating with Amethyst will empower you with the freedom to rise above fictitious self-limiting thoughts that are only holding you back from living your best life.
- Addiction & Self-Control - The name Amethyst derives from the Greek word “emetusthos” which means “not intoxicated.” Wine goblets of old were encrusted with Amethysts because it is believed that one could not get drunk because of the Amethyst’s properties. Amethyst is believed to inhibit evil thoughts, prevent overindulgence and drunkenness, and fortify and stimulate the mind and promote self-control.
- Intuition, Psychic Power – Amethyst is linked with opening of the Third Eye Chakra. This is the seat of our intuition and psychic development.
- Grief & Bereavement - Amethyst is an excellent healing stone due to its abilities to allow you to find strength in chaos and self-soothe. If you are dealing with a loss and need closure, Amethyst crystal will help you come to terms with your loss. Amethyst will remove the fear that you cannot go on with the loss of your loved one.
- Anger & Forgiveness – Emotions of anger and rage comes when we do not allow ourselves a moment to pause and reflect before acting. Having Amethyst around your environment or wearing the crystal will help calm your anger, see the other person’s point of view, and help you seek a solution with mutual benefit. When you allow yourself to walk in the other person’s shoes, you may be surprised by the sympathy and forgiveness that fills your heart.