Tiger Eye Meaning and Benefits:
Tiger Eye is an arrestingly beautiful stone with its bands of brown, gold and tan. But this is much more than a pretty rock. Its powerful healing properties have been used for centuries.
Linked to the magical tiger, the king of beasts in Eastern mythology, Tiger Eye portrays courage, integrity, and power. It invokes primal instinct and increases our connection to nature and animals. Tiger Eye is a vigilant stone, bringing a sharpness to one’s vision and understanding. Wear or carry Tiger Eye to increase insight and perception in unfamiliar places or circumstances, and for protection against the negative intentions of others.
The meaning of Tiger Eye Can Be Summarized in These Top Benefits:
- Known as the Stone of the Mind, Tiger Eye helps you stay strong, resilient, and focused during times of overwhelming challenges and distractions.
- Helps build courage to overcome fear, doubt, uncertainty, and other self-limiting beliefs.
- Tiger Eye helps shift your perspective and enhances discipline; hence, it is a great stone for creating wealth.
Tiger Eye Association:
Tiger Eye and Zodiac Connection:
Tiger Eye is associated with the zodiac signs Capricorn and Leo.
Leos are typically fiery, passionate, magnetic extroverts. However, for some Leos when their energy is excessive, they can come off as arrogant, power-hungry, and self-serving. Tiger Eye is one of the top healing crystals that help balance out their energy, bringing out the best in them.
Capricorns have an unerring sense of responsibility, excellent self-control, and well-developed discipline. But too much of these positive traits can be damaging in their dealings with other people. At times, Capricorns may come off as know-it-alls, being condescending and uncompromising to others. Tiger Eye is a Capricorn birthstone. Hence, it can help round out their traits so these serve as strengths rather than weaknesses.
Tiger Eye and Chakra Connection:
Tiger Eye is commonly used to open and activate the Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras.
The Sacral Chakra is the energy center that governs our emotions and passions. When this chakra is balanced, you feel deeply and beautifully. You are able to experience pleasure in the little things, and appreciate the beauty in any situation. This chakra is the center of creativity, where emotions give birth to novel ideas. This chakra allows us to fully experience the joy of living–that is, connecting with others and the world around us.
When this energy center is misaligned, you may feel numb. Your world loses its color and it is hard for you to feel happy. Your creative energies are blocked. Your relationships–particularly sexual relationships–are not as fulfilling as they once were.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is the locus of willpower and sense of self. When this chakra is aligned, you have the drive to move forward and create positive change in your life. You feel empowered and energized.
When this energy center is blocked, you allow life to pass you by. You feel that you never have a choice in important matters. Motivation is an issue because your sense of self is weak. You may not feel smart enough, strong enough, energized enough to accomplish any of your goals.
Because Tiger Eye aids in balancing both the Sacral and the Solar Plexus Chakras, you can expect a surge in passion and drive. You are excited about your goals, and take pleasure in the journeys and adventures of life. You see the positives even in difficult situations. Your motivation remains strong even as you encounter challenges. You see your relationship with yourself and with others blossom.
Tiger Eye Healing Properties by Intentions:
Yellow Tiger Eye is famous for attracting wealth, and throughout the centuries has been used by people who want to have money, fortune, and good luck in their lives. Tiger Eye stone, as the name suggests, is associated with the tiger, which in many cultures is a symbol of strength, fearlessness, determination and focus. When you harness such qualities within yourself, naturally you will manifest abundance of money, luck, and success into your life.
Yellow Tiger Eye is associated with the Solar Plexus Chakra, which is responsible for the channeling of one’s willpower, concentration, and focus. The stone allows one to harness willpower to pursue the goals one wants to achieve.
Just like the tiger when hunting, its eyes are locked on the prey, those who has the Tiger Eye stone can become tunnel visioned and focused on their goals. Working with Tiger Eye will improve your concentration and motivation when you feel discouraged or disheartened to start or accomplish a goal.
The tiger is an animal known for its strength and courage. Yellow Tiger Eye helps one achieve strength and have courage and confidence to face life and its difficulties. In ancient times, Tiger Eye was often used as an amulet to bring into battle, for it is said that those who carried the stone would be unfazed and undaunted by the problems and challenges that might occur along the way.
The stone will channel one’s inner energies that will make you feel confident and assured. Just like the tiger, Tiger Eye will dare to go where others fear to tread and take risks even if it means uncertainty ahead.
Tiger Eye has been used through the ages by healers who want to promote positive changes in a person for their own well-being. Change is a requirement for mental, emotional, and spiritual growth.
Change itself is necessary, and Tiger Eye helps a person have a positive attitude towards change. It makes you receptive to new beginnings, and helps one embrace new possibilities. Tiger Eye allows one to adjust easily to new environment as well as to abrupt, unexpected changes. After all, life is about growth and that requires us to step out of our comfort zone once in a while.
One of the healing properties of the Tiger Eye is that it can unleash the power of creativity of an individual. It promotes mental clarity and makes the mind receptive to the creative energy flow of the Universe.
Since Yellow Tiger Eye is also associated with the sense of sight, it promotes clarity of vision, as well as enhanced sensitivity to the beauty of the environment and life. One can see divinity in the small things and all around one’s environment, and this can serve as an inspiration for creativity as well.
Combating addiction is another important healing property of Tiger Eye. The stone promotes balance, equilibrium, and self-control in an individual. One who bears the stone will not be driven to excess and gluttony that can be damaging physically, mentally, and even spiritually. Life can be full of pitfalls and temptations; having Tiger Eye around you will help with self-discipline as it helps focus your energy on what you want to attain in life rather than be distracted by all of the “flashing lights”. Meditating with Tiger Eye will also build mental toughness to resist peer pressure.
How to Use Tiger Eye Crystals:
- Wear Tiger Eye – Wearing Tiger Eye jewelry in the forms of necklace, bracelet, ring or earrings is a great way to stay connected to the stone’s energy consistently all day.
- Carry Tiger Eye – Carrying Tiger Eye in your wallet, purse, or pocket is also a great way to keep the stone’s energy handy for when you need a moment to center yourself. When you have it in arm’s reach, you can hold on to it for a quick moment, breathe deep and allow yourself to quiet the mind so that you open yourself up to the creative energy flow from the Universe.
- Place Tiger Eye Near Your Space – Depending on the intention you’re working towards, place Tiger Eye in the appropriate environment in your home, office, and bedroom. If your intention is to manifest money, it would be shrewd to place Tiger Eye crystals on your office desk where you conduct your work and business dealings. If you are wanting to develop more personal strength, you can meditate with Tiger Eye on your Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Tiger Eye Meditation – You can meditate with the crystal of your choice in any shapes and forms (crystal skulls, crystal wands, crystal unicorns, tumbled stone, or even a piece of crystal jewelry). When meditating, recite in your mind (or out loud) a mantra or affirmation that resonates with what you want to achieve. Consistent positive self-talk creates a vortex of energy that is further amplified by the energy of the crystal.
- Tiger Eye Crystal Grid – Find the intention that most resonates with what you want. Click on that Intention Collection, combine Tiger Eye with other crystals relevant to that particular intention and create a crystal grid. Placing your crystals in certain geometric patterns (the flower of life pattern is the most common one) will enhance the crystals’ vibrations, transform the energy of your space, and speed up the manifestation of your intention.