Crystal Unicorn Meaning:
The unicorn is a legendary mythical creature that has been described as a beast with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead. The unicorn was depicted in ancient seals of the Indus Valley Civilization and was mentioned by the ancient Greeks in accounts of natural history by various writers, including Ctesias, Strabo, Pliny the Younger, and Aelian. To see a unicorn in one's dream is a sign of great luck and fortune. All of our Unicorn Carvings are completely hand-carved, and remain in our garden to be charged before orders are made.
- Unicorn Carving measures approximately 2" x 2"
Black Obsidian Meaning:
The history of Obsidian stone, especially Black Obsidian, dates back to roughly 7,000 years, Paleo-Indo ancestral and Paleolithic times.
The 3 Top Benefits of Black Obsidian are:
1. Black Obsidian cleanses your aura of negative smog, energy vampires, and acts as a strong psychic protection. Controlling your psychic activities leads to protection of your soul.
2. Black Obsidian also helps release anger, fear, anxiety, and depression.
3. Black Obsidian is highly influential to the Root (Base) Chakra which helps us stay connected with Mother Earth's grounding energy. When we experience emotions of fear, lack, self-doubt, and other limiting beliefs about ourselves, these are all signs that our Root Chakra is out of balanced.
Black Obsidian Association:
Chakras: Root Chakra
Zodiac: Sagittarius, Scorpio
Healing Properties: Removes Negativity, Protection and Spiritual Grounding, Removes Fear, Insecurity, and Worry, Grief and Bereavement, Anger & Forgiveness
Black Obsidian and Zodiac Connection:
Generally, Obsidian is closely associated with astrological signs: Sagittarius and Scorpio.
Sagittarians are mostly travelers as they tend to explore more and don’t feel like they fit in with society’s mold. They are perfectly true and optimistic and expect the same from others. You cannot find lies with them. So, they may tend to hurt other’s feelings, but at the core, they are truthful and open. Hence Black Obsidian, which is also known as “Warrior of Truth,” well suits people with this sign.
Scorpio people can be too emotional, and hence they are often in need of Obsidian to get them relieved from negative emotional vibrations and cleanse their aura. Black Obsidian can help people born under the Scorpio Zodiac to reduce their mental stress, tension, anger, and mood shifts. Remember to recharge it often to keep it powerful and continuously effective.
Black Obsidian and Chakra Connection:
Black Obsidian is a Root Chakra stone.
The Root Chakra is where you connect with the earth and the energy of existence in the corporeal world. A stable and balanced Root Chakra means you constantly feel secure and safe in your existence. It also means that you have confidence in what the earth and the universe provide you. You are in touch with reality if you have a well-balanced Root Chakra.
Common symptoms of an imbalanced Root Chakra are: poor focus, negative thinking, disorganization, lack of zest for life, depression, anger and frustration with the world, and lack of gratitude.
Black Obsidian Healing Properties by Intentions:
Fear, Insecurity, Worry / Removing Negativity – Like many black stones, Black Obsidian can release some long-term issues you may have since childhood. Those issues might involve intensely negative emotions like grief, anxiety, fear, and anger. Those issues might even involve guilt, shame, and resentment of yourself and close family members. Once you have a clear understanding of where your negative emotions and thoughts stem from, you have the choice to replace it with a different set of beliefs about your reality. When you have removed negativity, your mind opens up to possibilities, opportunities, and creativity. Removing negative beliefs is the 1st step in working with the Law of Attraction. The abundance mentality flows out only after you have achieved a deep inner sense of personal worth and security.
Protection & Spiritual Grounding - Black Obsidian offers spiritual protection, especially from negative vibrations and generally people, events, places, and things that can drain your energy and cause you anxiety. Black Obsidian is popularly worn as a talisman to ward off energy vampires. This crystal can also block the negativity from attaching onto you through the “Debbie Downers” in your workplace or home that you cannot avoid being in contact with.
Grief & Bereavement – Dealing with a loss is always difficult. However, Black Obsidian helps you introspectively look within yourself and direct you to answers on how to handle a stressful situation more calmly. Black Obsidian gives you mental clarity and a clear path to go forward. You are able to let go. Although life will not be the same, there is always an abundance of possibilities to find happiness beyond your comfort zone.
Anger & Forgiveness – Black Obsidian is a great stone for self-reflection and self-awareness. Meditate with Black Obsidian to truly understand the root cause of your anger. Was it due to an unrelated past trauma that triggered your rage? Understanding why we feel angry and frustrated many times will lead us to understand it is ourselves we are mad at rather than the person we argued with. This deeper understanding allows us to make a choice to change our flawed perception of reality and opens the door to forgiveness of oneself and others.
How to Use Black Obsidian Crystals:
1. Place Black Obsidian Near Your Space – Depending on the intention you’re working towards, place Black Obsidian in the appropriate environment in your home, office, and bedroom. If your intention is to remove negativity at an already stressful workplace, it would be shrewd to place Black Obsidian crystals on your office desk where you conduct your work and business dealings. If you are wanting to protect negativity from entering your home, placing Black Obsidian near the front door of your house is best.
2. Black Obsidian Meditation – You can meditate with the crystal of your choice in any shapes and forms (crystal skulls, crystal wands, crystal unicorns, tumbled stone, or even a piece of crystal jewelry). When meditating recite in your mind (or out loud) a mantra or affirmation that resonates with what you want to achieve. Consistent positive self-talk creates a vortex of energy that is further amplified by the energy of the crystal.
3. Black Obsidian Crystal Grid – Find the intention that most resonates with what you want. Click on that Intention Collection, combine Black Obsidian with other crystals relevant to that particular intention and create a crystal grid. Placing your crystals in certain geometric patterns (the flower of life pattern is the most common one) will enhance the crystals’ vibrations, transform the energy of your space, and speed up the manifestation of your intention.
Shop All Black Obsidian crystals and jewelry here.